Saturday, November 19, 2011

Winter is Here

William Daniel Lake
was born into Heaven
on November 14, 2011 at 11:48 pm
He weighed 3 lbs and was 14 inches long
He had my nose and my husband's mouth
His feet were perfect



Today we had a beautiful service to recognize and celebrate his life.  Then, as the sun shone down on us and the winter wind blew, we buried our precious son.

I am going to write about William's birth and will continue to share what his life means to me. 
Our story as a family is not over and William's will not be forgotten.

For a short time
I had your body in my body
I carried your belly in my belly
And now, though I have your heart in my heart
and feel your soul in my soul
I will never again have your hand in my hand
I miss your life in my life

Poem written by a grieving mother named Johanna to her daughter, Ashley Rose




3 comments:

  1. Dear Ali,
    Thank you for sharing today. Your strength is amazing. I am privileged to have had you as a part of my life, even if it was for a short time. The service today was life-changing, just like your William. It was God-honoring, and surely pleased the Lord. I am praying for your life to CONTINUE to mirror that of Hannah's as you shared today. That your life story would continue to unfold as hers did- blessing upon blessing. Much love to you, Ali. Praying God's supernatural peace to you as you walk through this winter, and praying for spring to come in God's perfect time.
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ali & Sonny,

    You are both such Amazing parents!!!!! As Heather and I talked last night I am absolutely amazed how you are living each day its absolute fullest. It amazes me as Dad and its a lesson we can all learn on how to cherish each day to the fullest with our children.

    Thank you for sharing and being so transparent about your time with William!!

    Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry that your time with him was so short. Praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete